Saturday

Good Stewardship

As Christians, my husband and I feel we are called to be good stewards of what we have been given. We have a responsibility to care for what God has blessed us with and feel our choices should be in line with that task. One of these blessings is the world in which we live.

We live in a society of convenience and sometimes it’s easy to forget how our lifestyle impacts our world. We’re far removed from how our stuff is made and what happens to it after we’re done with it. Just think of how easy it is to get something or get rid of it. You want a new doodad? It’s yours. Don’t need that piece of junk? Throw it in the trash can.

I’ve been guilty of it and still am! But I’m working to change my perspective about my choices. I want to have a greater awareness of my stuff. I want to view it as more than just stuff, but as my responsibility. I want to be a good steward of what I bring into my home.

And with that said, for the next few weeks, I’d like to give a tip of the hat to Earth Day with a 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle' series. Each week, I’ll focus on one of these tenets and share ways we apply these actions to our life!

So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Very good. Can't wait.

Post a Comment